Every day, you’re judged by your capacity to manage projects, priorities and deadlines. Your ability to execute plans and projects effectively and on time is critical to your success. This important module is about control - learning how to control yourself, your time and your reactions to events beyond your control. You will develop the skills that will help you get the best results in the least amount of time, juggle priorities with greater ease, thus affording you the opportunity to make greater headway on your exigencies. You will acquire the ability to adjust to shifting demands in a more professional and self-confident manner, thereby creating greater feelings of satisfaction and accomplishment.
- Pinpoint where you need to take action
- Plot the day's work: Determining what's urgent, what's not, and what can wait
- Develop personal planning techniques that minimize "fire-fighting"
- Double your productivity without doubling your stress
- Recognize and manage your tendency toward perfectionism
- Focus your efforts on what is most important based on your role and responsibilities
- Recognize the Myth of Multitasking
- Avoid the trap of using urgency as the tie-breaker between competing priorities
- Learn best practices for effectively prioritizing your time and activities
- Nixon vs. Kennedy: the Pareto Principle
- Perform better when juggling people, paper, and priorities
- Preserving your "Prime Time"
- Reverse the Manana Mentality
- Analyze the sources and impact of workplace chaos
- Identify five new ways to handle interruptions effectively
- TIMESTYLE: The key to increased personal effectiveness
- Avoid the manipulative time-tactics of others
- The one essential question you should answer before ever having a meeting
- Ten essential steps to more successful meetings
- Enhance your ability to act more proactively and with greater independence
- Never say, "I don't have time" again