There has never been a time when it is more important to build successful work relationships and interact with others in positive ways to achieve organizational goals. In this module, you will be introduced to the concept of behavioural fluency and discover the competencies critical to solid work relationships and career success. To be a highly effective administrative professional you must be a strategist, a coach, a diplomat and a politician! You must know how to engage, collaborate with, and lead others. At this important session, you will discover the strengths and weaknesses of your individual behavioural style and learn how to resolve team conflicts using emotionally intelligent approaches.
- Understand your unique behavioural style and why you act the way you do
- Acquire insights into your personal behavioural style; coming face to face with your strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the four basic types - Commander, Dreamer, Thinker and Supporter -and how to deal successfully with each
- “Read” others and adjust your communication appropriately.
- Function more effectively in team situations by understanding the role each type plays
- Accelerate the process of really getting to know people
- Behavioral based peer conflicts: How to defuse them before they affect the entire team
- Recognize the major behavioral patterns that exist in your organizations
- Adopt new relationship strategies that lead to recognition and advancement
- Strategic Diplomacy: What it is and how it can help you to handle office politics, difficult people and interpersonal conflict
- Easily determine the behavioral style of anyone you meet
- Use the behavioral styles model to strengthen and enrich your relationships
- Specific techniques for building relationship bridges to others
- Identifying and Avoiding Abusive Relationships
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the team
- Reduce unproductive work by matching assignments to team members
- Maximize a team’s diversity to reach more useful and insightful results
- Appreciate the value of diverse styles in the workplace.